View Single Post
      03-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #20
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
Andrew, I can't believe you have done that - got rid of the Pork TT after so little time!!! I know absolutely bugger all about Masers, and it has never been a Marque that has 'spun my props' at all. I think I would have prefered the Aston DB9 over a Maserati. Your Pork TT looked absolutely stunning, and niggles aside, it would be a car that I would happily saw my left leg off (with a blunt knife) to own, it really is the everyday supercar.

To cap it all, you loose next to nothing on an OPC bought TT after just 4 months! How do you do it you jammy git? If I was to move on my C4S I would loose a significant chunk of money.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your Pork experience today, a decent way of saying farewell to the brand.

My money is on you not enjoying the Maser experience.........
The Porsche Experience day was quite good - if not as exciting as I expected.

The track had too many slow cars on it (i.e. everyone else other than me) meaning I really couldn't get into a rhythm...it also hammered home the fact that the Turbo isn't the easiest to drive on track - the power delivery is just too brutal for the relatively tight track that they have. The low grip circle isn't as good as the wetted circle at MB World but on the flip side, the kick plate and ice hill were great for practicing car control - I could've spent longer on those bits.

Now, as for me not enjoying the Maser experience....harsh , but maybe fair given my form

However, I've been much more certain about the Maser this week than I was prior to buying the Porsche and it's more 'me'....a bit more of a refined GT than hardcore sports car - it's also not got a black interior, it just looks awesome inside and out and it brings back the thing I miss most about the AMG...the noise (albeit in a different, slightly harder tune)!

The acid test will be the weekend polishing session....I love spending a weekend polishing my car but I never really got into it with the Turbo. I reckon the Maserati will be different - it's just too good looking not to!
Appreciate 0