United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
For the looks E92

For practicality E90

Simple as that
There is one other factor: the coupe will cost more than an equivalent sedan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo23 View Post
Coming from someone who's had both I'd go back to an e90 in a heart beat vs my e92 now. Practicality wise for me with friends getting in and out, getting groceries, etc. All the things you take for granted with a 4 door u lose in the coupe, yes it's sharp looking and sporty but I miss being able to open the back door toss my shit in the backseat and go. My next car will be a 4 door again for sure.
Not much to say about friends getting into the rear of the coupe vs. the rear of the sedan, though the OP did say that didn't matter to him. There's ample room in the E92's rear, but it's a two door; there's no way it's easier to get in and out than it would be in a sedan.

As for groceries and other cargo, I don't see a whole lot of difference. I just put it in the trunk and that's that. Groceries, my suitcase (when going to/from the airport, which for me is at least once every week), dry cleaning (if the the cleaner's couldn't deliver it, for I send 20 - 30 pieces minimum at a time), etc. all just go in the trunk. Now, I do the same thing with my sedans as well, so maybe it's just a "me" thing, but ever since someone broke into a car of mine back in 1998, I've taken to leaving the passenger compartment completely empty and I don't lock it -- only lock the glove box and the trunk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0