06-17-2013, 05:51 AM   #36
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9A1L1L View Post
Own both and the E90 to the general public is the better looking car. It has a more masculine roof line and is more practical with the 4 doors. ALSO I can run wider tires and more aggressive fitment with the 4 door.

At the end of the day there are lots of OBVIOUS pros to owning the E90.. there are ZERO for owning the E92 other than opinions related to looks which th egeneral public doesn't share.

The E90 looks more like a traditional 3 series. the Coupe looks like a hard top convertible.. Well, that is until you actually pull up next to an actual E93 and see how odd those bad boys look lol.

So I'm with all the other guys who have or currently own both and say they prefer the E90. I highly doubt you will find anyone other than biased E92 owners to tell you different.

There is ZERO performance gain with the coupe but with the sedan you gain practicality, class and more room for wheels. Sorry if I betrayed my fellow coupe brethren..
What "general public" do you know? The general public I know have a completely opposite take on which is better looking.

I'm even going to go out on a limb and saying the general public BMW and MB and Audi know share the opinion of the general public I know. The reason I'm saying this is that the whole point behind the very existence of so called "four door coupes" is that it's pretty well accepted that the look and lines of a coupe are sexier and more visually appealing than those of a sedan. It's the only reason that BMW took the 5 series and reskinned it to create the 6GC, ditto MB and the transformation of the E class into the CLS class. (I know if Audi's A7 is really just a new body on an A6.) BMW even has plans to put a "four door coupe" body on the 3er and call it the 4GC.

While the E90 is more "beefy" looking than the E92, better looking is not an adjective I'd use. However, if one likes the looks of the E90 over the E92, that's the car one should buy (assuming all other factors are equal or irrelevant to one's needs). Lastly, I don't really know that anyone saying one is better looking than the other is all that helpful since that's really the buyer's decision, and saying that "public" think one or the other is better looking is also pointless. Who chooses a car based on what others think when those "others" aren't paying for using the car?

Oh, BTW, one doesn't gain practicality if, as the OP stated, one has no use for it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0