View Single Post
      06-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #42
C9A1L1L
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
What "general public" do you know? The general public I know have a completely opposite take on which is better looking.

I'm even going to go out on a limb and saying the general public BMW and MB and Audi know share the opinion of the general public I know. The reason I'm saying this is that the whole point behind the very existence of so called "four door coupes" is that it's pretty well accepted that the look and lines of a coupe are sexier and more visually appealing than those of a sedan. It's the only reason that BMW took the 5 series and reskinned it to create the 6GC, ditto MB and the transformation of the E class into the CLS class. (I know if Audi's A7 is really just a new body on an A6.) BMW even has plans to put a "four door coupe" body on the 3er and call it the 4GC.

While the E90 is more "beefy" looking than the E92, better looking is not an adjective I'd use. However, if one likes the looks of the E90 over the E92, that's the car one should buy (assuming all other factors are equal or irrelevant to one's needs). Lastly, I don't really know that anyone saying one is better looking than the other is all that helpful since that's really the buyer's decision, and saying that "public" think one or the other is better looking is also pointless. Who chooses a car based on what others think when those "others" aren't paying for using the car?

Oh, BTW, one doesn't gain practicality if, as the OP stated, one has no use for it.

I started to read what you wrote, saw how hard it was to comprehend, checked your sig and noted you own an E92 and then referred back to my post that most E92 guys are the ones who honestly feel its the better looking car.

I live in CA, ya know... The automotive capital of the world. The place where you see more 16yr old kids with 3 series and 1 series BMWs than adults own in other states combined... Yeah, that place.

I have always gotten more attention and nods with the E90. I don't need you to justify why you bought the one you have, I'm simply going off of my own experience as a person who has had BOTH. How about you? have you had both?

At the end of the day the functionality and practicality of the 4 door give it the edge as the better car. That's just fact. Now if you don't need the extra doors, or the extra wheel well space for nicer wheels and more rubber for the track then get the coupe.

I've never heard anyone say they regretted the E90 purchase but even I and as seen by a couple other guys in this thread who have gone from E90s to E92 did in fact regret the change.

If you like the looks of the coupe, fine, that's your OPINION and its up to the OP as well to figure if he likes the looks of the coupe enough to over come the superiority of the sedan.

That's just the way it is. No one expects you not to like the E92... Liking the way it looks is the ONLY positive to owning it. So if you like the way BOTH look then buying the coupe then becomes a silly decision. And if you don't like the way the coupe looks then your decision is as easy as it gets.
Appreciate 0