night199uk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: frari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by night199uk
Hey I'm new to the forum and I just picked up a 2nd hand Z4 E89 sDrive23i in HK. I know this is the E90 forum but the Z4 Asia forum is too quiet and there seem to be a bunch of Z4 owners over here. :-)

Too new to create threads so apologies if this is

I'm looking to retrofit BT & USB since no-one installs it in new HK cars If you have coding sorted do you also have experience with retrofits? I'm chatting to Patryk@BimmerTech via email who can source the parts, but I'm not to confident in installing/coding. I took a look at removing the trunk lining but there is the roof mechanism in the way and no-one seems to have a DIY for the Z4 E89 yet. Otherwise I'm looking for a good BMW audio guy in HK that can do this kind of stuff.

Any BMW meets in HK? Would be great to meet some more car enthusiasts over here.
Hey, what does BT and USB stand for? Can you PM me your email address? I can ask my friend to help you with the coding, as for the retrofit, there are plenty of good shops that can help you install whatever it is you want to put in.
BT = BlueTooth
USB = aux for iPod, iPhone etc. (6FL option)

BMW want $15k HKD for the parts for both plus > $10k for installation.

BimmerTech or BimmerNav have the supposedly genuine BMW parts for less for self install, but they haven't clarified yet what parts they are or what is involved in a Z4 install. I guess they're protective because they don't want folks doing it themselves... But I'm not inclined to take a leap of faith with that kind of cash.

Love the Lamborghini Balloon white btw, would love to respray the Z4. Couldn't find one in the right colour at the right price in the right timeframe. Maybe if it ever gets a prang :-)
Appreciate 0