08-19-2013, 02:57 AM   #330
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 1M Pure S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuco View Post
The only weak point in a supercharger system is the s/c itself. The new arma supercharger is designed by Rotrex which is a reputable brand based in Denmark. Only time will tell if the new design is better though, as this change was made very recently.

You are right, BMW classified the N52 as unsuitable for boost, but 5-7psi of boost shouldn't cause engine failure since the N52 engine design is very robust. The weak points that should be taken care of are the engine oil temp, air intake temp and transmission oil temp. An oil cooler, transmission cooler and cold air intake should be installed to increase reliability.

Well, Hello guys! So if their pervious supercharger was so good in quality and durable (the one that i put in my car), why would they want to improve the design and change vendor?

if they spent so much money on R&D, why change now? something is wrong. they know deep in their hearts that the part they sold me was faulty and of low quality and does not warrant the price they have charged..

Btw, i learnt my lesson, sold the Z4 and bought a 1M instead, which IMO is a lot more than what the supercharger produced. (i know it's not a fair statement)
Appreciate 0