View Single Post
      09-29-2015, 07:19 PM   #39
Dhillon92
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyDriving View Post
I need quick help - my car had a couple "yellow overheat" warnings before and I suspected that it was due to the water-pump. So, I disabled my jb4 by doing 0/0 (Map 0) right before I got into the dealer. Then, their technician called and said they couldn't read any code because I had the "auto code clear" on all the time. So, they couldn't move forward without reading the code, and I am taking the car back now.

Here are my questions:

1) If i keep my jb4 disabled (0/0), would the "auto code clear" still function? Or I still have to turn it off (1/3)?

2) If I enable JB4 (0/5) and turn off "auto code clear" (1/3), when the warning comes on again, will the code be stored and I can take it back to the dealer?

3) Would the "yellow overheat warning" generate a code to be stored? If so, can I read it thru JB4 steering wheel method after it happens??

4) If my dealer is cool about the JB4 as long as they can read the codes, can I leave it disabled or I still need to take it out?

Your tech knew what he was talking about when he said Uti clear was on, which means he may beok with the jb4. You need to turn off auto-clear, it is effective in all maps. Drive for a bit let it store new codes, since auto clear may have cleared them, which I doubt because mime stayed while I had my auto clear on. Anyhow, turn off auto clear, drive the car let it overheat and theb take it back, codes are stored for atleast a week or so in the DME.

Personally I always take my jb4 out, every dealer is different.
Appreciate 0