View Single Post
      06-14-2008, 03:45 AM   #20
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

I am currently pushing it with my wife and wheels sets!

Yesterday I had a set of ACS Type III's, a set of BBS CH's, a set of BBS 14" and 15" E30 wheels, a set of Conti Sport contact 19" tyres and a set of 17" tyres from the 120d M-Sport all sat in our hallway.

The BBS CH's have now gone, the ACS's are going on Tuesday, the 15" BBS have gone on the car and there is an advert is going up this morninhg for the 14" E20 BBS wheels.
The 17" tyres have just been dumped as have the front Contis that only had 2mm on them.

However, these wheels are getting 225 and 255 tyres put on on Monday so there will be a set of 245/40/18 and 265/40/18 Pilot Sport 2's in the way again by Monday night!
Anyone want some nice tyres??
Improve the ride 100x on an E90!!
Discounted they are £900 a set, make me an offer, they have now got 500 miles on them.
The only reason I can't use them is because the M3 wheels have an offset of 29 up front and are half an inch wider as well, and the rears are 29 and are an inch wider!
So they rub when going over speed bumps with people in the back.

This is the same set up Alpina use though and I can now see why, they are so comfy and being PS2's the turn in and the grip is just amazing. Alpina also put the 335xd springs on the m-sport suspension too as there wheels are a more agressive offset thenthe BMW wheel and wider.
So I may do the same if I notice a real drop in comfort, that would add 1/2" in height and be a firmer spring at the back and sort the rubbing issue out a treat.
The speedo is also bang on now as well, at 70mph on the GPS it now read 71mph on the speedo, instead of 74/75mph, which also means for every 10k miles I travel it is not adding 700 miles to the odometer.
Appreciate 0