View Single Post
      02-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #567
smckenna@talstar.com
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport

Check out this quote from an autoblog review of the 335is...
BMW says that the upgraded engine hardware is good for 0-60 in as little as 5.0 seconds for a coupe paired to the DCT gearbox. Row the gears in the fixed-roof variant yourself and you're looking at a 5.1 seconds. The convertible is a tenth of a second slower, regardless of transmission choice. It's important to note that BMW has a history of underreporting engine power figures and being conservative with its performance estimates, and judging by the acceleration we felt under suboptimal traction conditions – and the fact that DCT cars will be equipped with launch control (something with which our prototypes were not yet equipped) – we're guessing that the 335is is actually capable of clipping 60 miles-per-hour about a half-second quicker than BMW is letting on. Regardless of whether you specify a fixed or folding roof, the 335is packs it in at 150 mph.
The part that I find very interesting is that Chris Paukert is saying that the DCT will come with launch control. This seems odd, seeing as how it only comes with a single "Sport" on/off button below the shifter, and no selection of 6 DCT modes like the M3 has. I am curious how the LC will be invoked.
Appreciate 0