View Single Post
      12-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #28
Tony@vargasturbotech
Banned
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbretz View Post
The joke was in reference to the poor customer support afforded by Vishnu. They hardly ever (almost never) return emails requesting support, and although they usually answer the phone, they tend to immediately blame hardware before trying to troubleshoot anything to do with the tune. Many of the issue from inexperienced users are hardware related (misfires from bad plugs or coils), however when they assume everyone calling doesn't know anything about their car it gets frustrating. I along with many other Procede users we have found its easier to rely on the forum or learn how to tune things our self, than get quality service from Vishnu. I think its unreasonable for everyone to expect service like Terry offers (because frankly it is above and beyond any company I have ever heard of/dealt with), but replying to an email should be able to be accomplished within 2 business days rather than never /////rant

Now on to the benefits/differences of twin turbos over a single....twins, depending on how they are sized, will typically spool up quicker reducing lag. The downside is if they aren't big enough they don't continue to make more HP all the way to redline (stock and current hybrid turbos). A large single takes a little longer to spool, however will continue to make more HP to redline. The Stage 3 Vargas is building *I think* will spool up quicker than the single and still be able to push enough air to make power all the way to redline, so it may be a win/win. It probably won't have the peak power potential of the single though. Given enough RPMs, the single should make more peak power. The N54 currently isn't revving out 8-9000 RPMs though so it may not matter for now. On another note though, the Vishnu/FFTEC single isn't running anywhere near its max potential right now. You are basically choosing between low end torque/less lag (twins) or top end power (single). Hope that helps.
Properly sized twins offer just as much top end power as a big single. If you are mostly a 1/4 mile guy, go big single. The are much easier to build and you can spool that big turbo at line and lag doesn't matter. If this is a fun street car or road race. Twins is a better choice IMO. I agree the single has not been pushed to its potential. I am not sure exactly why, if it is tuning issues etc?? But the single kit is solid.
Appreciate 0