Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [8.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkey1112 View Post
just wondering, In tuning this throttle response, how different can it possibly be from stock? If you can put it into words, for me I would greatly appreciate it. I read a lot of reviews saying there is an increase in throttle response, but what exactly is this change referring to? I thought any restriction was due to just how my N52 motor was built.
This is completely inaccurate, but I'm using it as an example: If you tap your throttle all the way down with your stock ECU, it'll rev up to, say, 4K RPM. If you tap your throttle all the way down with a flashed ECU with a more responsive throttle, it'll rev to, say, 5K RPM.

What happens is that it removes the delay when the throttle actuates, so you'll feel a more immediate response from pressing the gas.

For rev-match downshifting pre-tune, I used to have to press the gas, wait a half second for the delay to pass, then do my downshift to give my car time to make it up to the appropriate RPM. Post-tune, I can now just blip my throttle and downshift without worrying about a delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
How different, I'd say in a nutshell, just removing throttle lag, beyond a reaction to how the throttle response "feels" better is up to personal preference. Just like how I am expecting it to be *fingers crossed* once I get stage 2. If I can do a jingle bells melody then I'd say tune accomplished.
The tune from AA won't meet your expectations to play Jingle Bells with your throttle. You should let them know that you want it more/extra responsive.
Appreciate 0