View Single Post
      05-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #6
fnckr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orb View Post
Your suspension frequency will increase slightly which means better suspension response. Your dampening is a function of the suspension frequency so you have the right idea and it may require a small increase in dampening stiffness.

Orb
Just the person I was waiting for! I figured as much. Obviously it can't be that bad since many people have eliminated RFTs and moved to lighter wheels while keeping stock suspension and they still love the handling of their cars.

I have no interest in lowering the car from stock sport height, but just like on my motorcycle, I notice and like the adjustment ability of compression and damping. I figure a set of KW V3s are just what I would need as a spirited street driver; and perhaps some future occasional track usage. Would a rear sway be beneficial in any way?

BTW, when I say "spirited" I mean I'll drive for a few hours over nearly 250-300 miles of the same upstate NY and NJ roads I used to ride my motorcycle on, trying to recreate the experience. Obviously that is dialed down a little bit from a track pace.
Appreciate 0