View Single Post
      08-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
Major General
United Kingdom

Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

UK E92 - Another Upgrade FWIW

I’m not new to the audio scene but since selling my previous car (see sig) with SWS, Bit One, JL Amp, Focal KRS100 and Technic Harness, I am really missing a good sound system and bass!

I’ve got a pre LCI E92 335D with BASE system so 6 spkr garbage. I want to change the upfront components (3 way) and add a sub or two in the boot and of course an EQ. My take on Focals is this – excellent value for money however too ‘bright’ IMHO. I have seen a list floating about with the various speaker options but my problem is I cannot for the life of me decide what to go with and I don’t want to spend a zillion ££ on my upgrade although it will probably go into £1.5k if I’m careful!

The Aim:
I want a good amount of bass and clarity – this is key!

The confusion / questions:
EQ / Processor: Firstly, is an MS-8 worth getting or can I put that money towards a better amp?! I may have the opportunity to pick up an MS-8 second hand for quite less than its RRP but is it worth it?! Does everyone on here go for an MS-8 / Bit One? What other options lie outside of this and will they even be worth considering??

Components: I can get Morel Dotech Ovation (4” is what I’m going for I assume?!) for about £200-£250 all in.. here in the UK – are these good quality speakers for its price? I don’t want to spend more than that on 2 way as I still need to factor the cost of aftermarket underseat woofers.
o What other decent 8” underseat subs are there instead of SWS Earthquakes? If I am putting 1x or 2 x 10” / 12”subs in the boot, will these SWS-Earthquakes be an overkill??
o If yes to the above, should I simply look to get a 3 way package like the one from HERTZ ESK 163L I believe, which come with 6.5” underseats for the same price as Morels a 2 way comp as aforementioned?

Amp: What can you tell me lol.. so many to choose from!

Wiring: Will the new amp power the Boot Subs alone and the HU power the new components (including underseats?)

Apologies for the long read but look forward to any advice!
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
IG: @ssandhu86