View Single Post
      10-18-2007, 05:48 PM   #20
E90 335i
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Bone stock except for Xenon LED side marker and secondary oil cooler.

I went down to AA for a visit to talk to somebody at AA about XEDE and to see the shop. I was really disappointed AA wanted to charge $163/hr. (or whatever the rate is) to install the $1200 XEDE unit that a qualified tech can install in minutes.

Shiv has installed hundreds of customer's PROcede units in minutes for free...just seems like an install that is as simple for AA as a piggy back (no welding, cutting, etc. etc.). I would obviously understand about install on exhaust and other aftermarket modifications that take serious man hours but an XEDE piggyback? I think I am going to order the PROcede V2.0 in a few months when they are available and when the kinks are ironed out and also will do UR catted DP and magnaflow mufflers, X pipe, and crushed pipe replacement.

All I am saying is that if I buy a $1200 unit that takes under 30 minutes to install (this is pessimistic as I heard Shiv can do his in eight minutes), I think it is better customer service for a tech to just walk to your car in the parking lot (or better yet do it in the shade) and take a few minutes to do it professionally. I would certainly go back to AA for more modifications for this type of service. If I lived near Shiv, I'm sure he'd do it for me if I paid $1200 + for the unit and this is a 'cheap' modification.

Don't flame me, this is my opinion, but I will consider AA for other mods like the BOV if I feel my diverter valve is not adequate. If AA just took the small amount of time to install my unit, I'd be a customer for life. I can only imagine seeing the AA tech sipping on coffee after he finished my AA XEDE install in 20 minutes. To each his own. I loved the shop, though.
Appreciate 0