08-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Dyno Results 328xi (Stock vs Modified)

Hey Guys,

I had the chance to do comparison dynos on all the mods that I did on my car and figured this information might be useful for some folks looking to follow the same path.

The difference with my dyno results is that I was able to do a baseline dyno followed by several additional dynos after adding mods.

What you will see in the graph below are 3 dynos with the following mods:

Dyno 1 (RED): Stock Ecu with Performance Intake+ Performance Exhaust
Dyno 2 (GREEN): Stock ECU with 3 Stage Manifold + Performance Intake + Performance Exhaust
Dyno 3 (BLUE): AA Stage 2 Tune + with 3 Stage Manifold + Performance Intake + Performance Exhaust

One thing to note is that Dyno runs 1-2 were done in nice cold climate, 15 deg C (59 deg F), where Dyno run 3 was done in 29deg C (84 deg F) with 80% Humidity. With that being said, I reckon that I should be able to extract about 5-7 more hp and ft-lbs if the temperatures were the same as runs 1-2.

Overall, I am very impressed with how my car has handled the modifications. The manifold alone definitely complimented my car even without a performance tune. The AA stage tune helped to smoothen out the 2 big dips that occur when the DISA actuators engage and also tweaked the AFR to get some more mid-range power.

I have been working with an AA rep to tweak the car and this is pretty much the best we can get for my car (that makes sense). The blip you see in the later stage of Dyno run 3 was due to the wheel speeds registering different speeds on the front wheels and the transfer case locking the wheel to get them to rotate evenly.

The way the car responds is definitely a massive improvement over my stock setup. The power delivery is strong and the throttle response is very sharp and crisp.

The best feeling is when you pass 3500 rpm and the car seems to just pull really hard. One thing for sure is that these cars really run out of power after 6500 rpm.
I have managed to run in line with an 2009 Acura -TL SH AWD (310hp) and both times I took him off the line and continued to open it up (beat him by 1.5 car length).

As for modifications, this car is done and I have no reason to add more power. I am happy with where I am sitting at right now and just going to enjoy the car and maintain it.

My car from the outside is pretty much stock, as I was never into cosmetic modifications. I was more driven with modifications that would benefit the driver (wheels, suspension, sports wheel, and performance modifications)

Now here are some details on the car.

2007 328xi AT
75, 000km (46, 602mi)
e90

Enjoy the results and if you have any questions, please post them below.

Dyno Comparison (All three runs)
Dyno 1 (RED): Stock Ecu with Performance Intake+ Performance Exhaust
Dyno 2 (GREEN): Stock ECU with 3 Stage Manifold + Performance Intake + Performance Exhaust
Dyno 3 (BLUE): AA Stage 2 Tune + with 3 Stage Manifold + Performance Intake + Performance Exhaust

Detailed AFR for Dyno Runs

Here are a few runs for each dyno did above (did about 3 runs per dyno)

Dyno 1:
Stock Ecu with Performance Intake+ Performance Exhaust

Dyno 2:
Stock ECU with 3 Stage Manifold + Performance Intake + Performance Exhaust

Dyno 3:
AA Stage 2 Tune + with 3 Stage Manifold + Performance Intake + Performance Exhaust

Appreciate 0