View Single Post
      03-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #55
Cameron™
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 M6

Okay, so I'm having a slight issue installing the shock sensor...

On my first attempt, I followed all of the directions exactly, using wire taps from Radio Shack. When it didn't work that time, I tried again, this time clamping the connections even more securely. When it didn't work that time, I tried again, this time stripping the wires and aligning the stripped portion with the metal contact in the wire tap. Finally, when that didn't work, I tried switching the green and blue wires (as depending on which set of instructions you look at on the internet, it varies). Anyway, it still isn't working -- the LED doesn't come on at all (armed or unarmed) and, needless to say, it won't set off the alarm.

Having done all of this, I feel like another attempt would have a higher probability of severing the connection to the still-working motion sensor than actually getting the shock sensor to work. I've double-checked all of the wires numerous times, by PIN position and by colour combination, and I can't think of anything else to try. I ordered the shock sensor from Amazon, and I don't have any way of absolutely determining that it isn't faulty.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what the problem might be and how to go about fixing it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Some guides refer to using 504M instead of 504D...I've read that the wiring is slightly different, so I was wondering if that has anything to do with it. If it should work, I could order it under the assumption that the 504D I have now is faulty, which I still don't have any way of determining.

Last edited by Cameron™; 03-12-2010 at 09:16 PM..
Appreciate 0