Thread: DPF Removal?
View Single Post
      09-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #13
ade146
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d sport auto

That is interesting as the cat on mine was full of soot. I had a look at it and I assume it is the same as mine whereby the cat and dpf sit side by side in the can. I cant see a reason for leaving it.
The egr is problematic. What happens is the maf looks at how much air it is using and compares that to what it expects. If there is too much fresh air it knows there is a lack of egr flow. What gets interesting is that it then appears to use the anti run on valve to close the fresh air flow down and increase egr. I really dont know how they get around this as just deleting error codes wont cut it.
I have tried to ask intelligent questions surrounding this setup but have yet to hear a satisfactory answer. I have done some experiments by plugging in my laptop and causing egr restriction. Ont he laptop you can see a comparison between expected and actual maf flow. I think it would take lots of work to map it out properly.
If anyone has had the egr mapped out so the two tables match I would like to hear about it so I can do mine.
Appreciate 0