View Single Post
      05-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

I have VentureShield; usually the material you get depends on what the shop you work with stocks. Any clear bra will discolor over time, I've heard usually 4-5 years. At that point if it bothers you just get it professionally removed and reinstalled. It'll still be a lot cheaper and look better than repainting.

I covered my front bumper, headlights, and mirror caps (don't forget those). I didn't do the hood because I wasn't willing to pay to cover the whole thing and didn't want an ugly seam partway up -- of course now I have some tiny chips right at the front of the hood, but hey that's life and it's still less noticeable than a seam. I thought about the fenders given how far they come forward, but ultimately decided against them. I still think clear bra is worth it where I've got it though. At least on my paint color, you can't see it even if you know it's there unless you're less than a foot away and looking at panel edges. If you don't know it's there you won't find it, though apparently it's more noticeable on black cars.

Also, if you've got an installer in your area that does it, you may want to look into XPEL. I've heard good things about it, specifically that it's a really thick layer of protection and supposedly has nano-magic self-healing properties.

For tint, I got F1 Pinnacle Ceramic 35% all around and Air Blue on the windshield, and I've been very happy with both. 35% is dark enough to complement the rest of the car's overall aesthetics without pulling focus from the car to the tint itself (which I didn't want), and that darkness with Pinnacle Ceramic offers great heat rejection. Good luck shopping!

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 05-07-2013 at 09:06 AM..
Appreciate 0