06-12-2009, 10:28 AM   #41
Terrance28
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCM3 View Post
Can you post exactly what you are getting? You can't just get a TiAL bov, you would need the whole charge pipe with the bov attached. Stett makes the charge pipe w/BOV included. Pics below:

Since I'm assuming your young because you listed your age, I think you would want the bov for pure sound. When I was younger, I did exactly this on my 300zxTT, but it didn't adversely effect performance. With the 335i, I heard of some issues cars have blowing off to the atmosphere, this is why they run diverter valves. If I decide on upgrading, I'm going with the Forge diverter valves so I don't have any problems, and also I don't want to run the risk of hurting my engine. It's your car..do whatever you want..

BMW runs diverter valves I think because they don't want a psssh coming from a BMW. Running a BOV doesn't hinder performance, hurt idle or causes any malfunction of any type. We have a tmap car and it doesn't care if its being released into the atmosphere or routed back in. +1 on it being your car and doing whatever you want to do to it.