View Single Post
      04-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #423
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ritz View Post
Wow.. so now that I know the pins and found an electrical diagram no sound or auto shop will do the mod. I call them they ask me to bring it in then when I show them they are like never mind.. Most of them think it will throw a code or just not work once they do it. Another said they would do it if I order the cable that plugs into the mulf and runs to the mic. From my understanding you can't get this cable without buying the entire kit...

How did you guys connect the mulf2 to the mic?

Anyone have a part number on the 5 wires with pins from bmw in the picture?

I don't know what the BMW part number is, but the pigtails are the same pins for every major module in the car. If you go to a dealer and ask for something like "wiring harness connector pin pigtails" they'll know what you mean.

That said, they're like multiple dollars a piece. Granted you only need 3, it's a bit absurd. The matching part (pin only) on mouser is 571-963726-1, they're a slightly more manageable $0.30. Even after shipping charge you can get 25 cheaper than the pigtails from BMW.

If you're building this cable yourself, I recommend this wire. It's good high-quality shielded twisted pair, as in the proper harness wire.

As for the mic-side connector, I've been using a block of 3 breakaway .100" headers, with the edges sanded down to fit well with a piece of shrink wrap over the whole thing.

If you REALLY don't want to make the cable yourself, PM me.
Attached Images