View Single Post
      03-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #57
Bcube
Been there, wrecked that.
Rep
Drives: '07 E93 335i

30 years of Marriage: Cars

Upside: Certain doors open when married versus single. (Especially when you are in your Twenties)
Downside: Responsibility. Have to start thinking things thru versus impulsive actions. Can't just run down and buy a Pontiac T/A WS6, no matter how much you beg. House comes before car toys.

Upside: Dual income and excellent credit means better cars
Downside: Less, much less, modifications allowed to these cars

Upside: Wife takes interest in exotic passion. Salesmen take you serious. Allowed to test drive things that usually only possible for the wealthy or journalists.
Downside: Wife knows too much of exotic cars weaknesses with regard to maintenance upkeep. Knows what it costs to maintain F355. Calls you an idiot. Switch tactics, come across the "BAD BOYS II" F550 driven by Will Smith, go on and on how the F550 is the most reliable of the modern Ferrari. Wife notices something curious, crawls under the car (while in the showroom), declares this car has been rear ended and states ain't no way a wrecked F550 is worth $120K. Salesmen shocked. She's right.We walked.

Upside: Buying first "exotic".
Downside: It was the wife's choice, I didn't get a Ferrari

Upside: Wife willing to consider another "exotic" in a few years once finances/economy stabilizes.
Downside: It will probably be hers, (it is a good choice) but it still won't be a Ferrari.