View Single Post
      12-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #94
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairvoyant View Post
I lied earlier. It got me 14 km/liter when I pumped 94 octane from Sonoco. On 91 octane, I get around 11.7 km/liter based on the dashboard reading.
By the way, is it just me or just my "325i" but I only feel the kicks above 4000 rpm? Is there any workaround for the low end rpm kicks?
11.7 km/litre of 91 is damn good fuel economy... that is like 8.5 litres per 100km. I get 9.2-9.5 with my 323i in the city. You said that before the mod you were regularily getting 10 km/Litre right? Was that on Sunoco 94?

Question, did you do the dyno run on Sunoco 94??

The European 325i doesn't make much more peak torque than the Canadian 323i... only some. I expected the European software to really make a bigger difference above 4,000 rpm which sounds like it is the case here?

Another Question: How is the throttle response and engine driveability with the software?

I think the only way to drastically improve the lower end of the rpm range on the 2.5 litre motor would be to get Supersprint Headers or to delete the catalytic converters (or get higher flow ones) in the exhaust manifold.

Going with headers would surely throw Check Engine Lights unless there is software to compensate or if O2 simms are installed.

Getting higher flow exhaust manifold (that is to say, higher flow cats in there) would help low end grunt also and you wouldn't have to worry about Check Engine Lights, I wouldn't think. Turner Motorsports sells higher flow exhaust manifolds for the US 325i and I would imagine that those would fit a 323i.

So over all you like your "325i" then?
Appreciate 0