RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-F30 View Post
When I buy silver, I am investing for the "long-term."

At 22 years old, I'm anticipating the price to rise over the next 20-30 years. If it doesn't, it doesn't. But it'll still be worth something.

I stay away from the Silver ETF's because I'd rather have something tangible, but that is just personal opinion.

For each their own.
Go buy tangible stock certificates then....and yes they still exist. Do you also carry around all your cash instead of having a bank account? That's pretty much the same thought process (actually worse, honestly).

Personal opinion is fine. I'm not the one buying it, but have fun paying 20%+ in commission. Let's hope they never get stolen either (another plus for ETFs). I'm not much older than you, but your view of "investing" seems to be quite misguided.

In this case it's not "to each their own." There's a reason why everything went electronic many years ago. It's not a difference in opinion. It just flat out doesn't make sense.

I benefit nothing from any of this, but I strongly suggest that some of you think a bit harder about how you spend your money. I deal with this kind of stuff on a weekly basis so I'm used to it, but it's honestly scary to me that people are this ignorant with their investing. If you want to go buy a giant silver dildo then more power to you I guess, but let's not act like it's a good financial decision (or a good decision period).
Appreciate 0