DaZuc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanm135 View Post
Even with the headlight off of the car, how do you reach this shroud to pop it back in place? remove the bulbs from the back and go in that way? that really doesn't seem like it would work to me... more details please
Your issue is the shroud only is tilted forward or the whole projector beam?

If it is the projector beam what I said will work.

I used gravity to make the lense sit like normal (requires you to face the headlight to sky)

Using your fingers and the adjustment nut you have to get the projector back into its joint.

If I had pictures from when I had the last headlight apart I'd show you.

If I was you go take off the wheel, and take a look with the front plastic shield off so you can see the whole headlight assembly. Then remove the huge cap that allows you change your xenon bulb. Take a look at the projector you should be able to move it freely and see if the hook the projector is off. (identify which part of the projector is causing the issue)

I may have a spare passenger side adaptive xenon around if you're not too far from me.

EDIT:
Just saw it's only the shroud. (and yes removing bulbs just to be safe, even the corner LED.)
If you have tiny hands or get someone with tiny hands, the shroud just clicks into place but make sure your sit it properly. You can use somewhat of the same process ^ to get it done.
Appreciate 0