View Single Post
      12-15-2017, 11:56 AM   #19
seanm135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinnhogue7 View Post
Update: fixed the issue by taking headlight off of cars it seemed to be that the headlights height adjuster has an arm with a knob that sits in joint that will allow you to move the headlights projector up and down. On mine the knob at the end of the arm actually fell outside of the joint. I managed to unscrew the shroud and squeeze my hands in between, I then put a long flat head in against the headlight itself and managed to pop the round knob back into the adjustment joint.

Honestly felt like I was going to snap something but got it to pop back in. I was ready to buy a new housing anyways so I had nothing to lose. Both arm with knob and joint aren't as tight as they used to be but all and all it's a night and day difference.

I actually had OEM 4300 K bulbs that were worn out and starting to turn pink. It wasn't until I replaced them with Morimoto 6500k bulbs that I realized how much the protector was pointing straight down. Eventually I will crack them open to do a retrofit and fully repair the projector.
Hey man... sorry I meant to respond to your first post but forgot. I never did get it resolved and yes my car is lowered on BC coilovers; my guess is that hitting a pothole lowered on 19s caused the housing to pop loose at some time. I just haven't had the chance to pull the headlight off cus I'm not sure if I have the guts to split them myself or just send them to OneEighty, etc.

Do you have any pictures to help show what you're talking about in the second post?