jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot328xi View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160678469049

This is the cable I got, it seems to work fine until I get to step 40 of the DIY then I get the following error,
Vin Is Faulty
COAPI-2000: EDIBAS OR SGBD error
IFH-0003: DATATRANSMISSION TO INTERFACE DISTURBED

I've tried all possible solutions listed throughout this thread and on the ********* forum on both of my Dell Inspiron windows 7 and my Toshiba Satellite Windows 7 laptops
same results, I've removed all files and re downloaded them 3 times, updated DATEN files, downloaded the the correct driver from ftdi,
Is the cable my problem? Do I need to desolder pin 8?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks
If the car you're coding is that 2007 in your profile, then you shouldn't need to desolder Pin 8 because the problematic Ethernet interface wasn't introduced until 3/09 production -- but desoldering won't adversely affect your coding either unless you try to code cars produced prior to 3/2006, though even with a cable that has Pin 8 desoldered you just need to use the adapter and those older cars will be codeable again.

Honestly I think your problem is that you went off the reservation and didn't buy the recommended cable. That's the most common error people get when they buy the wrong one, which is why I can't understand why people keep doing this just to try to save a few bucks or get it delivered a little earlier.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0