1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot328xi View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160678469049

This is the cable I got, it seems to work fine until I get to step 40 of the DIY then I get the following error,
Vin Is Faulty
COAPI-2000: EDIBAS OR SGBD error
IFH-0003: DATATRANSMISSION TO INTERFACE DISTURBED

I've tried all possible solutions listed throughout this thread and on the ********* forum on both of my Dell Inspiron windows 7 and my Toshiba Satellite Windows 7 laptops
same results, I've removed all files and re downloaded them 3 times, updated DATEN files, downloaded the the correct driver from ftdi,
Is the cable my problem? Do I need to desolder pin 8?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks
Yes, 1st thing - you chose to buy a different, cheaper cable than the recommended/proven one - now it's pretty hard to tell whether the errors are cable related or otherwise - risk you took by saving $40.

Secondly, the FTDI Drivers are used with the recommended/proven cable - not certain whether they are compatible with the cable you purchased.

Thirdly, even if they are compatible with the cable, the FTDI Drivers listed are for WinXP - not Win7. Directly from the drivers installation instructions:

Quote:
This document is intended to guide the reader through the process of installing FTDI’s combined driver
model (CDM) driver for the Microsoft Windows XP operating system. The CDM driver provides access to
both virtual COM port (VCP) and FTDI’s proprietary “direct” (D2XX) interfaces.
Are you running in XP emulation mode?

Fourthly. did you set the USB Port under Device Manager for your cable to be 'COM1'? If not, then it won't work correctly. You also need to set the Latency from default of 16 to 1
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0