View Single Post
      11-26-2007, 12:17 AM   #5
De90man
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sedan

yes nice write up...

...and one thing about V8s,..intial "grab" is mighty. Over this holiday, I was driving a family members 07 Mustang Shelby GT (not the GT500), and damn it felt strong. And loud, and it chirpped the tires all day long. 'Barrel chested' experience to say the least.

But, what I did notice is how slow it revved, how reluctant that heavy front end turned, and how soft the accelaration got after that intial push.

Then we got into my car (e90+JB2). I let him drive. This is the first time someone has really nailed it with me in the passenger seat. And man, it was sensational watching that rev needle zip around (I-6 has low inertia) and the vivid acceleration that followed...and it never let up. Electric!!

He was shocked too. Grinning like a child (and driving like a maniac)...and then it hit me...BMWs N54 engine is on another level. Full stop.

This engine and the power BMW left on the table is absolutely sublime. And then the kicker, I looked up his car's performance figures. Not even close. Actually the 335s numbers are more comparable with the Shelby GT500 (with one simple mod).

So, welcome!! Enjoy your car, and V2...because you're driving one of the greats
Appreciate 0