SRT14PimPin07
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 518N55 View Post
Hey Mad,

I have not yet had the SES light you guys are describing. But, I did have some issues on my old set up that we essentially traced back to running to high a concentration of e85. I had been doing about a 50:50 mix for a few weeks, and through the variability of pump content my tank mix eventually got to high on the e85 side. This caused issues with lean codes etc. (with wires) had to back down the e85 and things were fine

Also,

When was the last time you guys replaced your plugs? I had 0 problems and then started getting a misfire anytime I drove hard.. not an ISO issue because it happened when i had the car detuned. My plugs were fried, put 6 new ones in and about a week later retuned it. Not a single stumble since.

If you have been into heavy modding your N55 for the last year I would guess you were using NOS octane booster, weird fuel mixes and spraying different types of meth/ concentrations... might be worth the $100 to try plugs.

I am still 100% happy with the ISO and my car has not ever responded or run better from the tune.
Well I personally have never used E85 or any octane booster. I've just been running on 91 premium fuel here in LA. And i only have 20k miles and JB4 was installed at 12k. So I doubt my plugs could have gone bad already....I think what you said might apply to madman though.