Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicnerve View Post

EDIT:

Notice you havea 123d. Hear nothing but good things about that unit, what's your opinion of it?
My first diesel coming from a focus ST. Really impressed with the power delivery, no turbo lag to speak of, having had an STI, I know what lag is. Remapped, its also pretty fast, having given a few 330d owners a bit of a shock. It revs quite nicely up to 5.5k, so more petrol like than most other diesels. Still can't get used to town driving, but out on A roads, 6th gear is joy to still be able to overtake without having to change down, unless really on a rush.

But the cost is still rising, so my move from 20-25mpg to just shy of 40mpg is not enough, so the 320d ED is going to be a bit of a change again, hence why I've ordered lots of toys to keep me occupied sitting in traffic, rather than overtaking.

I think the 123d engine fits very nicely in the coupe, the nicest looking 1 series IMO, but I had to settle on the 5 door.

I just wonder why it's not in any used elsewhere (except the X1). My theory is, that come the facelift in 2012, we may well see it discontued.

Gazza