10-16-2008, 12:18 AM   #7
AllEyesOnMe
TeQuiero
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by in5ane_3 View Post
I would love to help you Boba but I'm not really qualified to do much, because I am not in law school as of now.

It depends on how much the bill was in the end man, if you had something like $700 for the tow fees and wheel damage you could pay a lawyer locally to write a letter and send it to the tow company. The attorney would know what to write in the letter, if they don't give you a refund after that and you decide to take them to claims court it won't be worth it.

Tow fee was $223, aside from county storage fee and the ticket itself. It was $127 for towing charges, and then $70 for "misc - tolls" and $26 for storage. Technically, it wasn't stored because I arrived at the tow place right when the truck arrived (with my car still on the flatbed). It was then driven off and parked right in front of their office, and not in their "storage lot". I have pictures to prove it was parked in front of their office. Will this count?

Replacement for wheel is $242.50.

But what are the odds that they're going to pay up just because an attorney wrote a letter? If I was the tow company, I'd just rip the letter up in half! I don't know what would make them want to pay after denying the damage on my rim.

Anymore input from you would be GREATLY helpful, heh.

Thanks!!!