09-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #17
rockblock
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperD View Post
I didn't think it necessary to prove my point

Weird. Either you've got a bonafied bug or you're missing a small step.

(note that I'm not in front of my iDrive at the moment)

Pressing the Options button on the iDrive controller will bring up a menu of options related to the current display (ie, Nav options). Split Screen Content will appear here, but selecting it will only enable/disable the split screen.

To choose what you want in the split screen, do what DASHOCKER and chuckee98 recommend. I know for a fact that a sure-fire way to get the split screen list is chuckee98's method, but be sure that you don't push the controller right so many times that you bring up the Options list - which is always the right-most pane on any iDrive screen.

Rather, you want the split screen selected (go the 0:05 mark in this vid) Once you're there, press the controller down and you'll get the list of available split screen content.

Sorry but that was the best vid I could find at the moment. Note that he appears to push the controller to the right again after 0:05, which is what I think you're doing and hence you're getting the Options pane vs. the Split Screen Contents list.
Thx I did all that and tried all possible combinations, but I think there may be a bug in the software since I managed to do it initially when I setup the NAV on the right, but now the list of options has disappeared..

BTW: is there a way to reset the iDrive (i.e. like a reboot?)...maybe that will bring back the list of options. Thx
Appreciate 0