View Single Post
      01-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #4
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Congrats on the new BMW! I'd be happy to help you with your detailing needs. Washing and drying is a critical step, because that is where most swirls come from so good technique and quality products are critical. For washing and drying I'd suggest one of the washing kits we have (see below), each of them contain the DI Microfiber Waffle Weave Drying Towel. This towel is very absorbent and paint safe! I generally wash with either Lake Country Blue Grout Sponge or the DI Accessories Sheepskin Wash Mitt. Both are very safe and help ensure the paint is cleaned thoroughly. To make sure you are using good technique for this step and all steps I'd suggest reading our detailing guide.

DI Packages Washing and Drying Basic Kit
DI Packages Washing and Drying Starter Package
DI Packages Washing and Drying Advanced Kit

For almost any other detailing task I recommend the DI Microfiber All Purpose Towel. If you want a really thick and plush towel check out the DI Microfiber Ultra Plush Two Sided Towel. Both are safe on the paint and do a great job on virtually any other detailing task.

For the leather you can care for it by cleaning and conditioning it a few times a year. Even for new leather I really love the Leatherique Prestine Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil. It helps keep the leather strong yet soft and flexible. If you want some UV protection check out the 303 Aerospace Protectant or the Optimum (OPT) Protectant Plus.

One other step you didn't mention is I'd highly recommend applying a sealant or wax to the paint. It helps protect the surface and enhance the shine. I generally recommend a sealant over a wax because they last so much longer and they are so easy to use. I'd highly recommend the Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger , which looks amazing on all colors and protects for months not weeks.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Also don't forget about the 10% off with the e90post coupon code.
Appreciate 0