05-18-2007, 10:47 AM   #19
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
As im so innocently waiting for snail pace BMW AUS to make the M-sports kit official on the e92 so i can put my order through for a 335. What AUDI does is put out a marvellous S5 for me to drool over.
I didn't bring up the notion of looks to drool over and I didn't wait to buy a car just so I can pay a few thousand more for a different steering wheel and some bits of plastic (the 335 already has m-sport suspension so what are you really waiting for besides cosmetic changes to an already great car) to make it look faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
What’s the point of saying “I don’t like the look of the car” etc etc, I mean its not like any of us care what you as an individual like about a car.
As for most of us, especially members on this forum have a great liking for the looks of this new coupe by AUDI. As for dynamics of the car, Audi isn't stupid to make an S model with little dynamics. After all Audi does recognize BMW as a competitor and this model was made to directly compete with the 3 series coupe. It would be illogical to make an S model that is inferior to a 335.

Some people in here have bought a 335 coupe or sedan and have the mentality that nothing that is made by competitors will be in anyway better then there rides. I mean the S5 hasn't even landed here yet and talk of poor dynamics has been hinted in posts. I know that this car has an average review by a BRIT mag/show but one review doesn't mean anything. I mean the 335 has received a lot of negative reviews but instead we had members here disagree to what has been said and still bought there cars. its sad but unfortunately there are members here who are major BMW FANBOYS. If you haven't driven the car then don’t post irrelevant comments that are easily recognisable as bullshit.
I may sound like a fan boy but, you know, I know there are plenty of great cars out there and some great competition for the 335. The 335 did NOT get "a lot of negative reviews" and not liking the cup holder design does not count. If you have evidence, please use it and refrain from rash generalisations. "As for most of us" - who are you referring to? I express an opinion (which we are all entitled to - perhaps your very defensive and personal vitriol would have been more restained had I prefaced each sentence with "IMHO") and I get "I mean its not like any of us care what you as an individual like about a car." This is a forum and a BMW forum at that. If you want unrestrained gushing complements about Audis then go to an Audi forum. I can take criticism very easily but I actually DO care what people think and value others opinions. Not everyone has to agree with you pal and they don't deserve to be shot down on their aestheic tastes. We should be glad that we're all different.

Yes, the S5 hasn't landed here yet but there IS a review of the S5 dynamics and it is NOT overwhelmingly positive like the E92's was. So I'm happy to be corrected when more reviews come out and I'll even take one for a test myself and give the forum my opinion (don't worry- you won't have to read that one, or ANY other thread which contains peoples opinions because you DON'T CARE)

The number of times I've had to bite my tongue on this forum when I wanted to say something really negative or to point out someone's poor taste/ignorance/stupidity/narrowmindedness, but I restrained myself to keep a positive feeling- at least in the Australian section. But I must be tired or something because I felt I couldn't let you go this time.

By the way, what sort of "informed" comments were you after when you said "Some opinions on this car from fellow members are appreciated.", since none of us have driven or even seen this model in the flesh?

Rant over.

Buddy, you need to chill out a bit and realise that not everyone here has the same ideas, perceptions, expectations or opinions about cars and that there will always be a BMW bias in a BMW forum. I'm actually a nice guy and happy to forget about all this and keep the Aussie section as friendly as possible.