View Single Post
      01-19-2010, 09:04 PM   #1
itsjappo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Trade my e46 m3 for 335i coupe? Need Opinions::THIS IS NOT A M3 VS 335i WAR::

I have been debating whether doing this for a while now. I just need some opinions. Here's the current scenario:

Trading in my 01 m3 6spd w/ 68k miles for a 07 335i 6spd CPO w/ 38k miles.

I'm getting $15233 for my m3 and the 335i is on sale for $27500. 2.9% for 60 months with payment of $575 due to $3000 carry over balance from current loan.

Question 1: You think this is a good deal? YES or NO?

I love the m3 very much but I don't ever track my car. I just do spirited driving around town. I use it as my daily and my work is only around 10 miles away. I thought of getting the 335i because it has good power out of the box (comparable to the m3) but also adds the comfort and luxury of a daily driver. The power gains are also very easily achievable with the car for less money than the m3. All in all, after very much research and comparison, it seems that the 335i would be a better fit for my use but at the same time, I don't want to make a mistake of getting the 335i and missing the fun factor of the m3.

Question 2:Anyone had any experience driving both car and how does the suspension compare? I have read some people stating that the 335i handles very well and almost as good as the m3, maybe even better stock vs stock. Is this true? If so, then my concern is resolved. Anyone care to chime in?

My main goal is the warranty. The m3 is out of warranty and the 335i will have warranty until 100k. Even though I am very meticulous with my cars and always do preventive maintenance before its scheduled, you just never know what might come up.

Question 3: Would you rather keep the m3 and save the $200/month towards maintenance for the car OR would you pay the $200 extra monthly for the 335i for a newer car and has warranty till 100k?

I like to modify my cars lightly. My m3 has some mods which I am planning on removing before trade in. I had no problem doing this b/c no warranty. The 335i will have warranty and I would want to do atleast the following: JB3, wheels, front lip, rear spoiler.

Question 4: Is the JB3 for the 335i really untraceable with the dealer? All you guys with it have any problems bringing your car back in the dealer just in case the common problems with the 335i arises? Would wheels and add on aero affect warranty?

I'm still on the fence but I have 2 days to make up my final decision. Sorry for the long post but I figured I get more insight before I make a big decision. Thanks for any inputs you guys might have.
Appreciate 0