Rep
Drives: 330i, 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
2006 330i  [6.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsed View Post
Dude, that's like too old school
But it works! My battery finally took a dump after almost 8 yrs. INot bad right? I could not open my trunk but after removing/pulled key from keyfob I was able to open trunk manually (it took me a while to open it since its the first time I use this process). I m glad there is this option.

I have to mention that it probably died only because I have been parking outside my garage for the last week or so, since we have painted the floor and we are letting it dry before we can park inside the garage again. Tempeture outside at night has been in the low 50's so there you have it . I wonder is my battery would still be working if I would have parked inside garage all this time. Anyways its time to replace it after almost 8 yrs.

I have been pretty lucky for the last 2 yrs that had low battery warnings and got away with it. Well till yesterday tried to start my car and nothing! I had to jump started with wifes SUV. I will go to dealership today to get the exact one part # 6121 69 46332 white color. ($142.00 Special price) I will install it tonight. No need to register it since its same battery specs. I will post again tomorrow with updates. Great DIY by the way. I also have the old black power box so this is the exact tutorial to follow. Cheers fot that!

Last edited by GoRomeo; 03-11-2013 at 07:18 PM..
Appreciate 0