Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris_tr
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i101 View Post
Ok, I just want to say that I have researched this topic extensively but I still have some questions.

Vehicle: 2007 335i Coupe 08/06 build date has Dual climate and Auto.

Problem: Regardless of heat setting the passenger side blows cool air. Defrost, vent and footwell. (It is distributing the air properly, but always cool) so, I have eliminated FSR.

Driver footwell extremely hot (I can manually make adjustments so thus isn't huge but maybe a clue)

Antifreeze/coolant down a little of the past 4 months, no visible leaks. I also performed the electric water pump bleed procedure and was able to get some air out of the lines.

HEATER CONTROL VALVE/WATER VALVE: this has been frustrating as at first glance I thought that would've the problem. However, I can't find this piece under the hood (or online as a part to purchase). I have taken off intake and there is a piece with three hoses going to it but not a "electric harness.". It had a part number and that came back to A/C condenser. I am starting to think that this piece is electronic now or is on the other side of the firewall. Since I can't find it I have not been able to test if this is the problem.

Thermostat: I have read that these cars have electronic thermostat, which I can't find for the life of me!?!? Also,if it was thermostat wouldn't I always get heat on the passenger side??

Heater Core: No smell of anti-freeze, no wetness in passenger footwell, or misty windows.

So here are my "uneducated guesses"...
1) Heater core is half bad and not distributing het to passenger side (maybe that is why my feet get crazy hot as well)??

2) Heater control valve is bad, but hidden or else I am blind??

3) Flaps / actuator not working properly? Like I said if I push the air goes to vent etc...but maybe there is a damper or flap that sends hot air over to the passenger side?!?

I kind of doubt thermostat as it is only blowing cool air.

Heater Core: can it go half bad? Or half clogged??

Before I get 10 responses about knurl knob, YES it is at red and YES I have turned off the "snowflake"

Thanks for the help. I will include a pic or two of the closest thing I can find to a heater control valve/ water valve.

https://mail.google.com/mail/s/?view...1&disp=attd&zw
@335i101

You wrote this about 3 years ago I see but I have some problem like your's.My is 2006 E90 3.20i and passanger side is not heat.Driver side is very hot.Did you fix the problem?If you fixed may you tell me how?
Thank you very much...
I found out it was clogged heater core (through process of elimination).

I traded in the car.

FYI, there is another member on hear who wrote a DIY guide to replacing the core....was more than I could handle (both time wise and skills).

I wrote this 3 years ago and the thread was pretty much dead til about 3weeks ago...I have gotten several PM and posts regarding owners having the same problems. Good luck!

(From what I remember the dealership wanted 2500 or so...anyone under warranty if you think u r having problems, get it replaced now, b4 it's too late.
2008 M5 with muffler delete-sold
2007 650i-sold
2008 335i-JB4, DP, Meth-sold
Appreciate 0