03-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #26
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahaed View Post
So I'm driving along, minding my own business, and out of no where I see red & blue lights. I pull over, and the cop come up to me and says, "Sir, I pulled you over because I don't like your windows,".

Baffled, I ask whats wrong (My car is completely stock, not one mod yet). He get a little machine and measures my window, and it reads 35. And tells me that has to be 70. I look at him confused, roll up my window, and point to the sign that says BMW. You know the one that tell it's stock. He totally ignores it and gives me a $120 ticket.

I don't even know who I'm mad at more. The dealer for selling me an illegal car (I'm in Iowa), or the cop that doesn't care it's stock, or gives me a warning, just a ticket.

Check this out....

Quote:
316.2957 Exemption for motor vehicle manufacturers.--The provisions of ss. 316.2951-316.2956 do not apply to the manufacturer's tinting or glazing of motor vehicle windows or windshields which is otherwise in compliance with or permitted by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205 as promulgated in 49 C.F.R. s. 571.205.

http://archive.flsenate.gov/statutes...316/ch0316.htm
Appreciate 0