View Single Post
      07-05-2005, 10:23 AM   #1
fusionnv
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i

Best touch up paint

I was using my PDC and I didn't know that red was a hit. DOH!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: But over all it not bad of a nick. Very tiny thank god, no crack or dent (2 mm). So since I got a non-metalic paint it should be easy for a intermediate level like myself to touch up paint it and then use Mothers Paint Chip Repair (to smooth it out). I found in the past this stuff works well on non-metallic cars and works very decent on metallic cars. The reason for that is that this stuff is kinda like a paint thinner/eraser and often the metal flakes float up when it dries it gets rubbed off. This will lead to a slight color difference from the body and the touch up paint. You would have to put multiple layers of extremely thin touch up paint. Non-metallics don't have this problem. (This is one of the pluses for myself to get one like that besides saving the extra bucks on paint) . So where would the best matches of paint and quality from for BMWs?

Having fun driving it.
Appreciate 0