View Single Post
      06-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #16
golfinz
Captain
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiTCHY View Post
I shoot RAW 24/7 so I don't really care about what my cam chooses in AWB. I just go back on the PC and adjust it. DxO can do a great job fine-tuning white balance if you happen to have something in the photo that should appear to be white. Provided that your lighting isn't tricky, as in having multiple and different light sources in a single photo, then DxO will adjust the off-white color to become white all the while adjusting the rest of the photo correspondingly.

I hope that made sense...

How many of you peeps shoot in JPG?
It makes sense. I want to see if I can get it close to right on the camera before entering into the world of editing...I got my plate full with just the camera settings

You brought up a good point about RAW vs jpg, and here is how I understand it (may be completely wrong though): jpg files are MUCH MUCH smaller than RAW files and from the minimal knowledge I have acquired, the differences are when you edit a jpg file you lose some clarity but with a RAW file, you can edit it as many times as you want and the clarity stays constant. Is that even remotely close?
Appreciate 0