View Single Post
      10-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

New Garage Addition

Well, actually on my side driveway as I curse myself for not being more patient and waiting to find a home with a 3rd garage. But for what it is, I could care less if it is parked outside, especially when I can start it from inside.

First off, the M3 is still in my garage with no plans on getting rid of it. In fact, this addition is the result of wanting to keep the M3 for many years. When I looked at the roughly 12 miles round trip to my office every day as well as the various mundane errands in boring driving areas, some aspect of driving the M3 did not do it justice. That, coupled with 14 MPG, started my research. After an Excel Workbook analysis of fuel, maintenance and reduced depreciation of the M3, I might be able to add a vehicle and save money (yes, it sounds crazy). So far my estimates were very conservative as I am doing much better than my original estimates.

After one full week, look at the current mileage. Granted, the M3 is more fun to drive, and I enjoyed it Saturday, but this vehicle isn't bad. The technology inside is pretty nice. With 280 lb/ft on tap at 0 RPM, it gets across the intersection well ahead of most traffic.

This is actual mileage so far:

And last week of the iOS app:

Appreciate 0