View Single Post
      12-04-2007, 06:05 AM   #6
ThomasMartin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkashoe View Post
Finally got around to loading up the new map tonight.
Disconnected the battery for one hour prior to loading the new map.
Loading was quick and easy, no issues. Now to the good part.

Its 70 degrees out here tonight. 93 octane in the tank. I turned the car on and drove off.
Let the car warm up first, driving for like 10 minutes, let it get to operating temp (230 degrees).

First impressions. The car feels a tad bit quicker. With 2.0.1 I had to run torque settings that where 5% less than default due to stuttering and hesitation in 4th, 5th and 6th gear. The settings where lower than the default 91% across the board for 2.0.2. So it does feel faster than my 2.0.1 reduced map. Now whether its faster than the default 2.0.1 settings, I cant tell. I don't recall really, and in my case default 2.0.1 didnt work, so no point in comparing.

I am happy to report that all the stuttering and hesitation is gone in the upper gears. The car pulls like mad now in 4th, 5th and 6th with no stutter or hiccups. Now granted I only drove the car for exactly 15 miles, and Shiv said to drive for 50 to let it adapt, but the car is perfect. Feels smoother too, its hard to describe, but when you drive it you will know what I am talking about, its just subtle. Power comes on more linear. I didn't really get it on it too hard yet, but I did do some full throttle pulls in 3rd and 4th. 1st and 2nd are still wicked.

Also, didn't drive it long enough to see how the delayed boost decay is with this map. This is one thing I am really interested in seeing.

I do plan on doing the boost tuning to ensure i am getting the max out of the car. So right now I have no idea where i am boosting at, but I do plan on tuning it to 15 psi max at 5500 rmps like Shiv indicated. That will happen later this week when I can get my copilot to assist.

Shiv, once again thanks. Never have I had a single product for a car that has made such a difference! Cant wait to see what your new air filter system will be like. Need new tires now though!
Strange that you guys in the states are getting stuttering in lower gears, this is an octane issue and your 93 octane should be the same as our 97 here in south africa as we have 95 RON and my cars runs without a shudder??? That shouldnt even be 90.5 oct for you guys in the states?

Maybe its because all our fuel is still very highly regulated here and only brand names like shell??

I was worried my car would be shuddering with 95 RON but even with V2.0.1 i upped values 2% across the board and still had no problem wierd?
Appreciate 0