04-13-2015, 02:16 PM   #5
sarconi11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mposter
I'm sure it depends on the body shop or what you may have asked for. A list of what was quoted broken down would be nice. I can tell you off the top of my head for the items listed and size , it would be no more than $100 in products since they would be using about 1/4 of what the smallest purchased amounts are. Most places already have primer and clear coat , and only need the specific color. Your job would probably use 1/2 of a pint of paint when reduced . I can say too that the labor portion of it could be about 1.5 hrs spray primer , 1.5 hr spray with base color, 1.5 hour spray clear @ $60 an hour is $270.
Then there is probably a padded profit for the shop itself an or room for rework if necessary.
Here is the estimate, keep in mind it's a CF lid so I'm not sure it that should add much to the price for prepping and taping off sections. I also told them I'd be mounting the parts myself so that's not included. If this is reasonable I'll pay it, since the last place didn't match my color perfectly, but I don't want to get bullied.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0