View Single Post
      10-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #76
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
i have continental extreme dws with the same specs. I am pretty sure those widths are too wide for that tire. The apex guys can chime in to clarify.
The 225/40/18 tire is a bit too narrow on an 18x9.5" wheel and is not something we would recommend typically. We normally would recommend a 255/35/18 or 265/35/18 on the 18x9.5" wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
Hi David. Could a square setup of 18x9.5 work on a pre-lci e90? What tires would work. My rear fender is already rolled. I want a comfortable ride with the widest tires possible.
You can fit an 18x9.5" ET35 squared setup on your e90 pre-LCI if you have camber plates to dial in a lot of negative camber (-2.5 or more, depending on tire size and brand). Also, you would need to use a small spacer in the front so that the tire clears the strut tube on the inside of the wheel, since the 18x9.5" is a very wide wheel. Coilovers with camber plates would be something to think about if you don't already have that installed on your car, as it utilizes camber plates and more aggressive front wheels fit the car better when your car is lowered. You can do either the 255/35/18 or 265/35/18 tires on these wheels, depending on the amount of negative camber you would want dialed in. If you have coilovers, you would have to make sure that the spring perch is above the tire so that the tires clear the suspension.

Last edited by Expert@ApexWheels; 10-08-2012 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0