View Single Post
      06-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
ms123
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i, 01 740iL, 82 320is

Question Another Bluetooth thread. *sorry*

Total newbie here, so please be patient!

I recently purchased a new-to-me 2008 e90 335i.

Before I begin, I have searched and read hundreds of posts on this board and others.

I can not figure out how to pair my Verizon Razr M with this car!!!

The devices see each other... the BMW appears on the phone and when selected, I am prompted to enter a PIN. I have tried 0000, 1234, last 4 of VIN, 123456, 000000, the PK# from the module in the trunk, etc. Each time, the car asks me to enter the PIN. When I do, the car tells me that pairing was rejected and the phone shows "rejected by BMW".

I have tried initiating with the phone, with the car, with I drive, with voice commands, while standing on my head whistling Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, wearing one blue sock and one brown sock (as suggested by a member of another board who is clearly suffering from extreme mental illness)... and Nada. I even tried whistling the freaking German National Anthem to no avail.

I have paired dozens of phones with cars over the years. I have paired this phone with multiple rental cars, Cadillac, Volvo, Mercedes, etc.

While I understand that there is an "approved" BMW phone list... isn't basic Bluetooth just Bluetooth for purposes of basic functionality? I'm not even concerned with address book, voice dialing, etc... I'd just like to be able to answer the phone!

Help!!!
Appreciate 0