View Single Post
      03-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
United Kingdom

Drives: BMW 335i MSport Coupe

Originally Posted by Mud View Post
I have the BMW Ipod for the idrive version fitted in my car which used to charge my original iphone fine, but since I upgraded to the 3GS it no longer charges that phone. I also purchased a 5th gen ipod nano a few weeks ago and it wont charge that either!!

What do I need to do to get charging working again? Does anyone have it working with their 3GS phones?
There is a chance it could be an issue with Apple changing the charging pins but I think this relates to older ipod's & not iphones. If it is a charging pin issue you can buy a Scoshe adapter for the glovebox retrofit option but not sure how you can incorporate this to an idrive setup. As I say, I'm not 100% certain this is the reason why you are having problems though so maybe an idea to check out the apple forums.
Car Ownership History Red Ford Sierra, Blue Ford Orion Giha, Burgundy Ford Fiesta, Black Vauxhall Corsa SRI, Blue Rover 216 SI , Silver Volvo S40 T4 Saloon, Blue Renault Clio RXE, Black Renault Clio 172 Sport, Red VW Polo, Peugeot Expert & BMW 335i MSport Coupe