02-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #51
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
How often do you change maps? I agree that on the fly options would be nice, but would you use them? I understand your point, but 90% of the people just load a stock map and go. If you need to run pump gas, map 0 works just fine until you can get e85. Yeah it sucks if a red neck in a GTO wants to race, but shit happens.

I have the flex kit and honestly I don't use it. Map 3 was setup to use map 2 and run leaner than map 2, but doesn't include the option for meth. So I'm currently running map 2. I don't run map 4 because I don't want it jumping from map 1 to map 2. I have map 1 setup for pump gas and map 2 for 100% e85 with meth. Doesn't need meth, but I see a few whp gain with it enabled.

Although I have an upgrade I'm not using, I'm happy with my tune and have spent enough time on a dyno to know unless I go single or upgraded twins, I'm not going to get much more out of my ride as it sits. Hopefully this spell of quite will bring something new to the table. As we all know, that's usually the case. How it's received is another issue all in it's own.
I get where you're coming from about people complaining about vishnu but you have to admit things have been strangely quiet the past 6-9 months with vishnu. Everyone would always give them the benefit of the doubt and say, "hey, if they're quiet, something big must be coming to the table". But with the recent disappointments from their product, us as consumers start judging.

Obviously I'm not comparing vishnu to apple but it's on the same lines of a product that you use to think was superior such as I did with the Procede. But as I see other products and what they're offering and catching up and even surpassing what my current procede does, it's frustrating.

Also, I change my maps often, I feel I should never need to use map 0 as a compromise/limitation. The tune was initially designed to run 93 so I dont feel I should need to compromise my performance because the lack of promised updates have not come. The map 3 N/A map should have been blown up and reassigned a year ago since it can't even been used.

I'm just pointing out obvious flaws with vishnu and co. the past few months.
Appreciate 0