View Single Post
      09-21-2016, 08:48 AM   #9
skrelnik
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

Thanks for the replies guys - so this is what we have concluded about all of this, but this is just speculation since there is no way to know what actually went down. When they dropped the sub frame to repair the oil pan gasket we assume it alleviated pressure on certain parts, but stressed/pulled the brake line.

Brake line ended up being dislodged at the caliper, and not punctured as we were originally told. BMW Bridgeport repaired this, but put 100% of the blame on the brake lines not being torqued properly. Obviously no way to prove that, but since they were on the car for 18 months and installed by Fairfield County Motorsports I tend to doubt that.

Headlight - we noticed at home that one of the gaskets/seals was not in the exact same place as the other headlight. So we fixed that, and we had a lot of rain the past couple days and no leaks whatsoever. We assume during the subframe drop it may have pushed this seal off-line and thus water entered housing when we had the car washed, or when BMW washed the car. BMW was adamant they had nothing to do with this and offered a smoke test. Since it has been perfectly fine since we adjusted the seal we do not want them touching the car again.

Misfire - thanks grease monkey for the offer to swap coils but we asked BMW to do the swap which they did. No misfires or anything since the swap. My assumption again is it occurred during the subframe drop, possibly loosened up a little bit to create a bad connection. BMW put the blame on the coil itself since it was purchased from ECS Tuning.

Going forward we are not going there and intend to use Bobby and Helmut over at Helmuts FCS in Milford. I highly recommend everyone to check them out. In the event I need to hit up a dealership I will make the trip to BMW Watertown, our old BMW Bridgeport SA works up there and he was a good dude.
Appreciate 0