12-24-2010, 02:18 AM   #70
R1000K3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn999 View Post
I do it for performance only man, but they are directly correlated. You cant make up magical hp or tq that doesnt show up on the dyno. The only difference is that the car is actually moving and air(for fmic and dci). If anything, you will have more HP and tq on the actual road bc of the air differences. Ofcourse its all about performance numbers for me man, thats why I asked you to post some times so I could compare. I am getting a vbox or something of the sorts here soon. As far as the money goes, I dont care what it costs because I try and save for the best parts possible so I dont have to buy parts twice, I learned that the hard way.
I second that. It is always cheaper to buy the right stuff from the beginning instead of trading up step by step if maximum usable power is the goal. This is not to say 2.5" DP's are not OK, but they cannot flow as good as well made 3" DP's. The difference in cross-sectional area is huge in favor to 3". I think I may be the only one here in Sweden that have been running 20+ PSI week after week after week without issues and believe the turbos and engine are more happy in this situation with 3" DP's vs. 2.5".
Appreciate 0