View Single Post
      11-27-2011, 07:45 PM   #202
ecaedus
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Model 3 LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevendous03 View Post
Can you tell me... would something like this work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARNESS-D2S-...ht_4019wt_1165

I was reading that the Canbus Pro ballasts use universal AMP connectors, so it would make sense that the bulbs could be removed (along with the 9006 harness) and connected from the ballast to something like that D2S adapter harness. Am I interpreting this correctly?

Otherwise, could I get this D2S adapter but splice the wires from it and splice the wires kinda close to the 9006 bulb connector and tap them? That would make sense also, and I could then shorten the wiring a lot to make it fit inside the rubber sealing cap.

From my understanding, when you install a non-D2S bulb into a projector made for D2S bulbs, the focus of the beam pattern is really thrown off, making the output weaker and distribution not as wide as it should be. I'm thinking if we both do this D2S conversion, it should definitely increase the output and improve the beam pattern.
i think you didn't realize the the 9006 bulb and its wires are all connected, which means they cant be removed from eachother, if you insist on moving either the bulb or the wire you'll have to cut something.

the D2S adapter you have there is correct according to what umnitza told me. however, in order for u to install it you will first need to remove the 9006 bulb and connector (cant be unplugged), and cut a hole in the rubber sealing cap allowing the single wire D2S connector to pass through, and find someway to reseal it.

have you confirmed that your bulbs are 9006 size as well?
Appreciate 0